Best Things to do in Croatia
The list of things to get involved in once you touch down Croatia is inexhaustible which is why it’s usually difficult to say goodbye when it’s time to leave.
Below is a list of some of the best things you can do and see when in Croatia
- Visit Zagreb’s Museum of Broken Relationships
This location comprises of donated items from different sources all depicting failed relationships of all sorts.
- Visit the Blue Cave on Bisevo Island
A picturesque location nonetheless, the cave gets it’s name from the fact that it is illuminated by a blue light and the water glimmers like it is coated with silver.
- Go Rafting On The Cetina River
Located in Omis, the Cetina River is a hotspot for tourists who enjoy adventure mixed with relaxation and loads of fun.
- Go Hiking to see the Odysseus Cave
- Take a tour to the Istria Region where you get to witness how truffles are harvested and equally get the chance to enjoy truffle butter, or truffle Mac and cheese.
- Another jaw dropping Croatian adventure is accomplished through para sailing where you are lifted high up in the air by a balloon while a boat on the water pulls you along.
- Take a trip to the old Town of Dubrovnik where some scenes from the movie “Game of Thrones” were filmed.
- Check out Zadar’s Sea Organ and Sun Salutation which are among the most popular Croatian attractions.
- Visit some of the Game of Thrones filming locations spread throughout Croatia.
- Explore stretches of lavender fields in the Island of Hvar. Lavender oil and lavender derived products are sold for cheap especially during July and August.
- Visit the 4th Century Roman Palace of Diocletian in Split which spans about 30,000 square meters.
- Take a stop at the Blue Lagoon and enjoy activities like swimming, snorkeling and kayaking on waters with different shades of blue.
- Get lost in Tito’s tunnels spread throughout the Island of Vis.
- Explore the Croatian vineyards of Istria and Dalmatia on a wine tasting tour.
- Go glamping in a Croatian National Park overnight.
- Island hopping is also on the top of many tourists’ bucketlists.
- Rent a car and go for a scenic drive round the country.
- Visit the epic museum of olive oil where different kinds of olive oil are put on display.
- Enjoy a concert at the 22,000 capacity Pula Amphitheater.
- Watch beautiful and glowing sunsets in Zadar from a coffee shop.
With some of the most fabulous and must see tourist attractions, it is no doubt that your trip to Croatia is bound to be thrilling and unforgettable.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Avoid in Croatia?
Some things you shouldn’t say or do in Croatia include; referring to Croatia as Yugoslavia, talking about the war between Croatia and Serbia, bugs and mosquitoes should be avoided.
What is Croatia Famous for?
The most notable feature of Croatia is the many beaches covered by pebbles such as Zlatni Rat beach.