20 Fun and Amazing Things to do in India
Visiting India is a worthwhile experience for any traveler who is looking for a destination with endless sightseeing and fun-filled activities throughout the days and nights spent here.
A list of fun and amazing things to blow you away when in India include:
A Helicopter Ride in Udaipur
Fly over the beautiful Lake Pichola at the very heart of the city while also spotting the iconic White Lake Palace. Chopper rides last anywhere from ten to thirty minutes which gives you enough time to take in the breathtaking view below at varying altitudes.
Trek Through the Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand
Especially in the summer months when flowers are in full bloom here, you are sure to have your mind blown when trekking through a valley filled with different species of colorful sweet smelling flowers.
Go for a Bungy Jump in Mohan Chatti Village
This is a chance to get a beautiful view of the countryside as the 272 feet high descent is what you need to get the adrenaline pumping.
Go Scuba Diving
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in the Andaman Islands which features beautiful coral reefs stretching long distances with volcanic mountains in view and is a beautiful spot for fishing.
Spot Tigers in the Sundarbans National Park
This UNESCO world heritage site houses Bengal Tigers which have with time, become long distance expert swimmers.
- Fly in Hot Air Balloons in Kamshet which is just 60 miles from Mumbai. You can ascend to a height of about 4,000 feet overlooking emerald forests, gorgeous waterfalls and a view of the Sahyadri ranges.
- Cycling along the Pink City of Jaipur and taking in sights of the beautiful palaces, the Nahargarh Fort and also taking stops to taste delicious street food.
- Kayaking on the Kerala: This is a perfect opportunity to paddle across relaxing and calm backwaters where you get to meet and buy from the local fishermen, and go through peaceful villages with rows of stately coconut trees.
- Visit the Caves in Meghalaya: Such caves consist of fossils which are responsible for their unique appearances.
- Paragliding in Goa: You can either choose Arambol or Querim as a spot to glide through in the air while enjoying the view of the green landscape below.
- Join a rafting expedition on the Brahmaputra River along a distance of some 100 plus miles from Tuting all the way to Pasighat through thick rainforests.
- Spot one-horned rhinoceroses in Kaziranga National Park.
- Enjoy a festival: One amazing experience you shouldn’t miss out on is the colorful and fun festivals of India. Most popular being Diwali and Holi.
- Relax and soak in the sun on any of India’s numerous and gorgeous picture worthy beaches.
- Practice some yoga and meditation exercises.
- Ride a camel through the Indian deserts of Rajasthan.
- Visit some of India’s renowned monuments such as the iconic Taj Mahal which also happens to be a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Enjoy spicy Indian cuisine at any of its famous restaurants.
- Shop your heart out for locally crafted items such as Indian handmade jewelry, traditional apparel like silk saris, leather goods, paintings and lots more.
- Explore the numerous temples in every corner of the city to pay your respects to the ancestors of India.
The list of things to do in India to make for a fun and memorable vacation or visit is long and endless but we’re hoping this article gives you a good headstart for your next adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the Number One Tourist Location in India?
Unarguably, the Taj Mahal remains the most famous attraction for tourists visiting India and it is also one of the seven wonders of the world.
What are Some Special Activities in India?
Some of the special things to try when in India include; paragliding in Bir, Chadar Trek, White water rafting and spotting of the one horned rhinoceros.